A Fierce Advocate For Your Future

Understanding Charges From DeKalb Traffic Court

Have you received a citation for a DeKalb County misdemeanor theft by shoplifting, minor in possession of alcohol, misdemeanor possession of marijuana, a traffic misdemeanor or any county ordinance violation? If so, you likely have a court date set in the Traffic Division of the State Court of DeKalb County.

DeKalb Traffic Court is housed in a small overcrowded building near the DeKalb County Jail off of Memorial Drive in Decatur, Georgia at 3630 Camp Circle. Even to seasoned attorneys, the DeKalb Traffic Court can be a hectic, frustrating and confusing place to try to resolve a traffic or criminal matter.

Attorney Matt Hirsch at Hirsch Criminal Defense routinely appears in DeKalb Traffic Court and has a proven track record of success in securing dismissals, reductions in charges, reductions in fines and obtaining diversion alternatives for clients. The best news about this division of DeKalb State Court is that if you were cited for a non-traffic misdemeanor, because you were not arrested, there is no impact on your criminal history. If you were cited for a traffic violation, he can work to negotiate an outcome that does not add points to your driver’s history, which often results in suspensions and increased auto insurance expenses.

Should I Hire A Lawyer For Traffic Court?

Often people wonder whether or not they should hire an attorney for a traffic offense or low-level misdemeanor. The answer is a resounding “yes”! You can choose how you want to spend your money. You will either spend it on an attorney or you’ll spend it on a fine that is higher than it should be and on increased auto insurance rates resulting from points on your license. These expenses can be avoided if you hire skilled representation to negotiate on your behalf.

Did you know that if you pay a fine on a misdemeanor possession of marijuana citation in DeKalb County Traffic Court that your Georgia Driver’s License MAY be suspended? At the very least, if you pay a citation on a misdemeanor marijuana case then you have a conviction for a drug offense and that is not good. There are options for resolving your marijuana case, other than pleading guilty, paying a fine, being on probation and having your Driver’s License suspended. The attorney at Hirsch Criminal Defense will counsel you and work with you to achieve the best result possible based on your unique situation.

Representing Your Best Interests, No Matter What The Charge

Any time you are called into court there can be serious unforeseen consequences. Don’t get caught off guard. Contact the firm for a consultation at 404-919-7096.